10. We have been reading an absurd amount. We have five books going right now. They aren't just started and casually set aside, they are seriously ongoing. We have a dense Dickens novel that we read one chapter per night. The other evening book is a much lighter more contemporary read. There is a third bedside book. This one is ENORMOUS and written in a way that allows you to pick it up randomly for a taste of this or that (It's a food book, so, pun intended!). We have two morning books. One is a series of articles published in a San Antonio, TX newspaper. We thought this might inspire some of our morning writing assignments. We also have a grammar book. We are realizing that some of the things we want to do grammatically by our own intuition, while are not proper to American-English grammar, just happen to be proper in British-English grammar. Who knew?!?!
|How many books will we read in a year?|
|So much relaxing to do!|
7. My pyromaniac skills have been employed to consume the leftover brush and tree clippings that Anne drags back from her park clearing. When one goes maniacal in any area of life, other things fall silently to the side.
6. Anne has been feeding me the most amazing foods. Each evening, she creates amazing dishes. Whatever is left over waits for the next morning. I create breakfast burritos out of those leftovers. Because I start with Anne's amazing foods, my creations are usually pretty darn tasty too. Being this well fed takes time, thought, and lots of oohing and aahing. I apologize for nothing!
|Oooooooo.... Aaaaaaaahhhhhh.... Mmmmmmm|
|Yard work plus dog babysitting equals SPOILED DOG!|
3. We've gone to the grocery store a couple of times this week. What? "That's not a big deal - who cares?!?" you say?? Around here, it's totally a big deal. Going "into town" is a big adventure or ordeal depending on the chores of the day. It pretty much takes a whole day. Day. Gone.
2. We have super finalized our Spring trip!! We have all of the camp reservations made for Arkansas, Tennessee, Ohio, Missouri, Oklahoma, and North Texas. Stoli has reservations confirmed with his Auntie Pat, and Macy promises not to get sick any more. We leave at the end of March!
|Winter trip plus spring trip... so many more states!|