We have finished moving the garage into an entirely new and improved space. We took the old piece of junk container with its rusty roof and rotted floor, and we made it a beautifully organized garage with space left to be made into an outdoor kitchen when we get home.
|Gutted and ready to start over.|
|New deck floor.|
|Shelving unit for garage defines the space for the kitchen.|
|Garage gets a wee deck with bus-stop bench.|
|Garage completely organized and moved.|
|Backyard: Birdhouses, bird feeder, birdbath, and St. Francis to watch over them all.|
|Vegetable garden with auto-watering.|
|Front yard: bird bath & feeder under my favorite trees.|
|New tree addition, Wally (a black walnut twig), and the trailhead is in this picture too.|
Stuff that is done because it can't wait until the day before:
- Mow entire property.
- Finish projects to a tidy state.
- Pack clothes.
- Pack toiletries.
- Clean camper, truck, and all accessories.
- Prep all bills that will be due while away.
- Transport cat to his vacation home.
- Shop for initial groceries and supplies.
- Pack Macy's stuff.
- Confirm with neighbors to check on the property.
- Confirm with mail-lady about the mail hold.
- Clean both cabins, bedding, all laundry, dishes, and porches.
- Fill bird feeders.
- Turn off all unnecessary water.
- Turn off all unnecessary electricity at breaker box.
- Don't forget the little things: phone charger, travel mugs, books, reading glasses, etc.
- Eat all the ice cream.
|We might have gone overboard.|
And so, the day is busy. We leave soon. Anne gets to post next week with lots of fun travel stuff... or at least, that's what we hope!