- Playing music in the corner of a bar for drunk people who are shouting louder than you can sing with a microphone turned to 11... gets really tiring.
- Singing over a bagpipe band literally ten feet away... gets really tiring.
- Hearing pickup lines that include something like, "you're probably not as crazy as my first through fifth wife,"... gets really tiring.
- Working your fingers, voice, and heart to death while everyone else parties... gets really tiring.
- Dragging all your gear from gig to gig while everyone asks if you'll be playing "Danny Boy" soon... gets really tiring.
- Sleeping in the car after the gig because it's safer than driving through Drunk-town, USA... gets really tiring.
- Eating junk food between sets because you can't leave because you'll lose your parking spot (where you're storing gear between sets), and the bar is too busy to serve you... gets really tiring.
- Having to run around trying to find the busy manager who has my paycheck... gets really tiring.
- Having to create my own stage, pissing off the waitresses but doing what the owner said... gets really tiring.
- Free beer for the band.... oh, wait, THAT doesn't get tiring.
|The herb garden :-)|
|Bird feeder I made! Here, birdie, birdie!|
|Old container - redoing the roof and floor.|
We are looking forward to this itinerary:
- Millwood State Park in Arkansas.
- Natchez Trace State Park in Tennessee.
- Caesar Creek State Park in Ohio.
- St. Louis, Missouri with family.
- Keystone State Park in Oklahoma.
- Cedar Hill State Park in Texas.
We have already looked up what breweries are in those areas. Breweries are another pattern of ours. We like the atmosphere and local flavor found in small passionate breweries. Anne is planning an entire chapter (or more) in our book devoted to the popularity and rise of small breweries, things we have discovered, and other factoids.
In the weeks to come, look forward to seeing some travel-filled posts. This will be our last "test-run" before the big trip to Alaska this summer. So much to look forward to, we can hardly stand it!!